CFC Interiors Terms & Conditions
Find our terms and conditions below
Stock items returned in original/unused condition/packaging with a valid receipt will be refunded in full if returned within 7 days. Giftware/tiebacks/pictures etc. No further return or exchange is possible unless prearranged. (For rugs see separate policy below). Please note that your right to return products does NOT apply to the following categories unless they are faulty.
- Goods made/cut or ordered to your specification, ie any goods ordered that are not in CFC Interiors stock including Furniture, Upholstery, Fabric, PVC, Flooring or goods that have been customised to your requirements etc.
- Wallpaper, Beds, Mattresses, Mattress Toppers, Mattress Protectors, Duvets, Pillows, Bedding, Earrings and any other personal items classified for personal use.
- Clearance items including remnants – this includes all goods reduced by 50% or more.
- Please note if you wish to return something that has been delivered to you and require an uplift – the uplift will be charged for at a minimum of £50 dependant upon location.
- All products bought from the shop floor should be clearly inspected by customers at time of purchase, and any soiling or damage noted. If this product has been discounted due to shop damage or soiling, the item cannot be returned for these reasons after sale.
Refunds are issued in the same format that they have been paid. Cash is not held on the premises, therefore cash payments may have to be refunded by cheque or issued on a pre arranged day. Cheques must have cleared through our bank before a cheque will be re-issued as a refund – usually up to 10 days. Cheques are not accepted as a form of payment for Cash and Carry Sales. Deposits on custom order goods are non refundable.
The estimated date that stock will arrive into our warehouse is approximate and not a set date. The date is quoted using all the information at our disposal and sometimes due to situations beyond our control, products (including curtains) can become delayed. In such cases, CFC Interiors cannot be held liable and will endeavour to gain access to the stock as soon as possible. Custom order goods must be paid for in full when they arrive into CFC stores. Deposits are non refundable on custom order goods and you will be invoiced for the balance.
Goods can only be held in storage for 1 month, and must be paid for in full. Any extension to this must be clearly started on the sales order and agreed at the time of purchase. If storage is required by the customer for a longer period this can be arranged at a charge and CFC Interiors will not be responsible for damages or deterioration while in storage.
When Purchasing Flooring
- Inform staff of any irregularities in floor – eg uneven surfaces or if nails cannot be driven into the floor. (pipes)
- Inform staff what type of felt exists if you are not replacing it, especially if buying tufted carpet. Note poor quality felt or worn felt will shorten the life of carpet.
- Ensure your measurements are correct.
- Fitters are freelance and are not employed by CFC. CFC cannot be held responsible for damages or issues during fitting.
- Carpet fitters will bag scraps of carpet but will not remove waste carpet.
In order for your flooring to be fitted in an efficient manner – it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to prepare the room noting the following points
- Rooms must be empty – this includes previous floor covering, and domestic appliances.
- Floors must be dry and floor boards secure.
- If applicable, ensure that a key is left for fitters or a responsible person is available to allow them to gain access into the property.
- Fitters are not responsible for disposing of packaging or associated waste as a result of fitting. They are not liable for damage to pipes etc. Failure to comply will mean the fitting cannot be carried out and an alternative date will be arranged. You will be charged a minimum of £50.
Important Points to Note:
- Once a carpet has been cut/ordered to your specification – it cannot be returned/cancelled. It has been tailored to your requirements and is therefore yours by contract, deposits are therefore non refundable and the amount outstanding is due. Please check your carpet thoroughly prior to fitting and report any discrepancies immediately once carpet is altered/fitted, CFC is no longer liable.
- CFC Interiors do not employ carpet fitters. Our staff can provide details of Self-Employed Carpet Fitters for you to use at your discretion. All monies are to be paid directly to your Carpet Fitter on completion of the service. Your contract for the Carpet fitting is with the Self-Employed Fitter and not CFC Interiors.
- Please do not ask Fitters to move your furniture and other belongings as a refusal often offends. Any damage resulting if fitters are forced to remove items is not the responsibility of CFC Interiors. You may be asked to sign a disclaimer to illustrate your understanding of this point.
- All pile carpets are liable to shading, which is to show light and dark patches arising from crushing of the surface.
- All guarantees are those specified by the manufacturer. For stain-free guarantees please note care instructions for said carpets.
Fitting jobs must be cancelled/rescheduled at least 48 hours before the date of the planned fitting. A cancellation fee will be charged for all fitting jobs cancelled within 48 hours. The fee is a minimum of £50 and will be charged in proportion to the size of the job.
When work is complete only unopened boxes of flooring may be returned for credit within 1 month with appropriate receipt. A credit note only will be issued. This only applies to flooring which CFC keep in stock – not custom ordered goods which is non refundable.
When Purchasing a Rug
Please note refunds will only be issued for stock rugs that are returned within 3 days in original condition with a valid receipt and tags attached - NO EXCEPTIONS
Credit notes will be issued for stock rugs returned after 3 and up to 7 days in original condition with a valid receipt NO EXCEPTIONS
Rugs can not be returned after 7 days NO EXCEPTIONS
Custom ordered rugs cannot be returned – NO EXCEPTIONS
When Purchasing Fabric:
Ensure your measurements are correct – curtains/blinds etc are made to the measurements which are signed for by the customer. CFC cannot take any responsibility if the product does not fit windows if the wrong measurements have been signed for by the customer. Stitchers cannot take uneven floors/walls into account when hemming curtains. It is up to the customer to decide the finished length of their products. Please check the quantity and inspect your fabric before it is cut and report any faults or shortages immediately. Once you have altered the condition of the fabric by cutting it/upholstering it etc. CFC is no longer liable.
- If a customer wishes to amend their measurements and there is enough fabric to do so, this must be agreed by a member of CFC staff and confirmed by the customer in writing or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days of placing the order.
- CFC quote for material based on the method which their preferred stitchers use to make curtains, if an external stitcher is to be employed by the customer, CFC recommend that the external stitcher inform their client of the amount of fabric to be purchased. CFC will not be held responsible for any differences.
- Fabric returned to be made, must be returned within 7 days and will be checked to ensure that it is the same as the amount sold. CFC will not be liable for any differences.
- Fabric/lining/trimming/Wallpaper and other specially ordered in products are non-refundable/non exchangeable. Products like these are often dispatched from the company within hours of order and therefore changes cannot be made.
- CFC cannot take responsibility for a customer being unsatisfied with a product that they have advised them against eg roman blinds over 2 metres.
In order for your delivery to be carried our in an efficient manner – it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to prepare noting the following points.
- Designated rooms and associated hallways must be clear in order to facilitate items to reach their intended destination.
- Ensure that goods chosen will fit through doors, up stairs and into the room they are intended. Also that floors/ceilings/walls are level/even for slide robes/built furniture etc. CFC reserves the right to recover their costs (delivery and administration) for failed deliveries for reasons such as these.
- All goods must be inspected at time of delivery, as claims for damages will not be accepted after.
- An adult/ responsible person must be available at time of delivery and be able to sign for goods. The delivery charge is still payable if you have not cancelled the delivery 48 hours in advance and are not available to take your delivery meaning that the drivers are forced to turn away from your property. Any subsequent deliveries will also be charged.
- Advise the sales person if the intended driveway will not support a CFC Lorry or will cause difficulty – eg Lightweight manhole covers, low trees, room to turn, narrow driveways etc. This must be clearly documented on invoice or CFC cannot be held responsible for resulting problems.
Points to note:
- Goods will not be delivered until payment has been cleared.
- Payment by cheque must be paid 10 days before delivery, and therefore cleared. Delivery personnel can take credit card payments via telephone to base. They cannot take cheques and will be forced to return to base with your goods. Any subsequent deliveries will be chargeable.
- Please do not ask CFC Delivery Personnel to move your furniture or other belongings as a refusal often offends. Any damage resulting if delivery personnel are forced to move items is not the responsibility of CFC Interiors. You may be asked to sign a disclaimer to illustrate your understanding of this point.
- CFC have the right to ask the customer to send photos of any complaint they may have with a product, this is ultimately for their benefit as this can speed up the complaint resolution process.
- Items collected from the CFC Warehouse/shops must be inspected for damages before leaving CFC premises – complaints will not be accepted after.
- CFC has the right to charge for assembly.
CFC offer a FREE delivery service for all orders over £500 (each drop of an order must amount to £500+). In order for us to do this we assign a geographical area to each day and once assigned this cannot be changed. Due to uncertainty with traffic and unforeseen difficulties we are unable to supply an exact time of delivery. Customers will be telephoned around 4pm 2 working days prior to their delivery, and given an indication of the order their delivery will be carried out in the following day.
Delivery can take place anytime after 8am on the day of delivery. A courtesy call by the driver can be made 1-2 hours before the delivery – it is up to the customer to request this the day before the delivery and advise office staff of this if required.
If customers require an exact day/time for their delivery, CFC Interiors offer a Premier Delivery Service, which will ensure that your delivery takes place at a time specified by you (within circa 1 hour). There is a minimum charge of £95 for this service and price is dependant upon location and delivery size.
These conditions of sale do not affect Customer Statutory Rights.